Interested to find out how you can increase the sales of an album or of a single release?
Hi, I'm Melanie. I help musicians change lives and create meaning through the stories they tell and the songs they sing.
Work with me
Storytelling matters in how successful an album or a single release can be.
#1 - Case Study: Westlife
Here you can see the final result of evaluating the storytelling of 137 original Westlife Songs.
In % you can see how captivating the storytelling on an album or in the single releases of an album was.
Check out the entire evaluation here: Westlife – One band. One genre. One success story.
#2 - Case Study: Placebo
I've evaluated all 7 studio albums of Placebo and compared the final data with the album sales, weeks in the chart as well as the chart position.
There is a correlation between the success and how well the songs on the album told captivating stories:
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
How do I evaluate a song or an album?
The process is similar to editing a novel. You do not publish the first draft, but you hire an editor who helps you to understand how strong the story is, what works and what doesn't. As a Story Grid Certified Editor, I am trained to give writers specific feedback that they can use to improve their stories.
What I can help you with if you hire me:
- evaluate and predict the strength of an album in relation to how successful it can be
- tell you the exact storytelling criteria that influence your album success the most
- improve the storytelling of an album and its songs before its release
- choose the songs that tell the most captivating stories as a single release
- influence the mood and emotions the listeners feel when listening to the album
- strengthen the message of a song by making it a prescriptive or a cautionary tale
- create concept albums that tell a compelling story from beginning to end
- analyzing all the albums of a band can be used to find out which storytelling criteria influenced the sales positively or negatively
- Learning from masterworks. Analysis of the songs of successful bands to learn what they did to tell captivating stories in their songs